Thread: single amp scanner set needed (15K) noob!!

Default single amp scanner set needed (15K) noob!!

Hi

Have managed to completely ruin my galvo set (have a FVL 680 laser projector).

I need a replacement scanner set with dmx board and all the trimmings (and I guess, some email support to fit it)

I'm reliably told that I should go for a 10-15K set as I can only fit one amp in the case (although have just seen a 20K single amp scanner set on lasershow parts). I will only be doing beam shows so no ilda required.

Any leads/help with this appreciated from a real laser noob!

Ta

PM sent. Check you inbox

is there no way of saving the existing galvos.

maybe getting some plyers and using some force to turn the galvos, try break he glue?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    is there no way of saving the existing galvos.

maybe getting some plyers and using some force to turn the galvos, try break he glue?
    It's a possibility but when I glued them back on, the little slot was already full of glue from the last time they were repaired I think. A new scanner set isn't going to be prohibitively expensive, and will still keep the total cost of the project so far under budget. This is something I hope to get into, so a steep learning curve may be good

fair enough.

i cant remember off the top of my head but i think the galvo block is a normal sized one so you shouldnt have to many problems fitting a new one
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Are you interested in selling the old set and amps Tendril?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Are you interested in selling the old set and amps Tendril?
    depends on how I get on with fixing this unit. If I cannot get the galvos only from the manufacturer in China then yes you are welcome to them but they are broken, have been repaired once and have broken again, so I'm not sure they'd be any good to you. If I manage to get the galvos on their own then I will keep the amp and driver board etc.

Ok matey, no worries
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!