Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bounce Mirrors

Default Bounce Mirrors

I would like to play around with some bounce mirrors, but the least expensive ones I find online seem to be around $60 per. Does anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive source for front surface mirrors? I can fabricate my own mounting options for them.
    Fear Fair - Indiana's Scariest Haunted House
    www.FearFair.com

Old photocopiers. Old Polaroid cameras.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

I found these recently, and bought a kit. They are great and the price is very fair!

There's 3 fine adjustment screws on the back. I tested them last weekend on a party, they works great, and seems stable enough for multiple reflections...

But I just noticed that they increased the price, I bought them at 60$

Cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=360059843235

DZ has a few of these. They're good for experimenting with, and the price is certainly right, but since they're only 2 inches wide you can't use them for bounce mirrors unless you have them positioned fairly close to your projector. (Hard to target them once they're more than 10 ft away or so.) Still, it's a start...

Adam

If I want to mount them about 20-30 feet away from my projector, how large do I need them to be? My plan was to do a multi-beam pattern from the projector and try to hit 8-10 mirrors. Some mirror to mirror stuff would be cool, but that's step 2!
    www.FearFair.com

Quote Originally Posted by fearfair View Post
    If I want to mount them about 20-30 feet away from my projector, how large do I need them to be? My plan was to do a multi-beam pattern from the projector and try to hit 8-10 mirrors. Some mirror to mirror stuff would be cool, but that's step 2!
    I know for fact that for 30meters you will need at least 12". For 15meters 6" will be enough. Farther you get more harder to hit the mirror, so the larger mirror is better.

they're only 2 inches wide
    Ones of Polaroid are about 3" and they are available for about 99c-1.50 @ your local thrift store.

Ones of Polaroid are about 3" and they are available for about 99c-1.50 @ your local thrift store
    Yeah, but the polaroid mirrors don't have mounts. The auction I linked to includes both a first-surface mirror and an adjustable X/Y mount. Obviously the bulk of the cost is in the mount, not the mirror.

Adam

The one in that eBay auction is not spring loaded, so no fine adjustment...
    I don't call an "approximately adjust before tighten the screw" a x/y adjustable system

Maybe their larger one (4" or higher, although from what I can see on the pictures, they aren't adjustable), I asked and they answered "only our spring-loaded mounts are fine adjustable". But they never answered which ones are spring loaded or not, and this is not in the description...

Maybe somebody who buyed one can give us details?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Ones of Polaroid are about 3" and they are available for about 99c-1.50 @ your local thrift store.

Tell me more. Do you mean purchasing old polaroid cameras and robbing the mirrors, or do you mean that the mirrors are available separately?
    www.FearFair.com

Quote Originally Posted by fearfair View Post
    Tell me more. Do you mean purchasing old polaroid cameras and robbing the mirrors
    Yes that exactly the case.

Mounts?. go to home depot or any other hardware store and take a look in bracket/electrical department. Imagination is required!