Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Large Scanner Mirrors

Laser Warning WTB: Large Scanner Mirrors

Looking to buy very large scanner mirrors that can fit 6860's, they are 3mm in thickness, 99.5% reflectivity coated for 532nm, dielectric, These are the mirror Specs: http://www.camtech.com/images/produc..._pdfs/6860.pdf

My original mirrors burned up under a Laserscope (50w pulsed) when I was testing them after about 10hrs of use they have holes in the "surface". Looking for something that can withstand the heat/power. I also have a diamond wheel used for sharpening carbide tools for CNC's if I could possibly use that to "grind" a mirror to size by measuring with a caliper and grinding it away until it comes to size, not sure if that would work, but the diamond wheel is a super fine wheel, I have used it for grinding glass besides the carbide tools and it worked great with the glass, not sure how it would do with BK7 or fused silica...

Any ideas would be appreciated, looking to spend near $50-100 for mirrors that size or a bit larger so I can cut them to specs, Cambridge wanted $2200 per mirror, I can buy 4 laserscopes for that much, so i'm looking for something to work for a little while until I buy the DT20H industrial scanners from mark for all my laserscopes.

Thanks,
    -Allen

what price did you get on the those DT20Hs? I remember seeing a reference to them back when DZ was selling the DT scanners but never heard anything about them after that...

anyhow, you should contact OSLS they should be able to hook you up with scanner mirrors

Contact Mark from CT.Lasers he should be able to hook you up, its around $750-800 I think for the whole set, scanners, mirrors for 532, cables, psu, drivers etc, better then the Cambridge 6860s if you buy those new you'd prob dump a good 4k on them...

I tried OSLS, they have the mirrors, but they cant cut it themselves, and for them to have someone else cut it, just costs too much around $500 per mirror...

Haven't had time to sit down to make the phone calls I need to make to get my variance going yet, so I cant really justify to spend anymore money on lasers, since I cant do big shows yet to make it worthwhile...

-Allen

hrmm, if its going to cost so much to replace the mirrors would it have not made more sense to just get the EMS-4000's with the 9.5mm aperature mirrors, those will set you back $1450... and they are not chinese

http://onestoplasershop.com/scanners.htm

(bottom of the page)

Quote Originally Posted by prodjallenbackup View Post
    I cant do big shows yet to make it worthwhile...
    good luck on that!

I don't expect to ever make up the time/money/blood I have invested in my laser projects

i think you would need high power mirrors.
    laserman might be able to help you out.

Jian can supply 10mm aperture mirrors for the dt20's Why don't you ask him?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by gogu View Post
    laserman might be able to help you out.
    Hah! now THAT I'd pay to see! ...out 'da window, maybe! ...Thanks for the chuckle, Gogu...
    (ps, to clear-up *why* you have to go back in time a bit and read the 'epic' threads that this, *ahem*, 'Member' inspired... Oy vey!!!

So - Allen - buddy...how's the Variance submission goin? D'ja get that stamp licked, yet?? Better get 'er dun, yer runnin out of excuses...

We're all eyes...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    We're all eyes...
    that actually made me cringe a little while thinking of laserscopes... I need to do something with mine some day... maybe add like 8W of 445 to it now too?

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    ... maybe add like 8W of 445 to it now too?
    Why stop at 8? Go for 12W, and then add up-to 14 of 630nm, via one of the LS Dye-heads...

Prediction: Big-beam, 'quazi-solid state' RGB units for outdoor aerials / beams are a'comin...

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Why stop at 8? Go for 12W, and then add up-to 14 of 630nm, via one of the LS Dye-heads...

Prediction: Big-beam, 'quazi-solid state' RGB units for outdoor aerials / beams are a'comin...

j
    actually I had an idea that might net me like 20W+ of 445 with a laserscope sized beam... lets just say more mini-optical rails, carriers, posts, kinematic mounts and optics are in my future

I kind of give up on red for aerial stuff... I just cant see it to the point where I say "ooohhh ahhh" so I figure whats the point?

blue is the real "oohhh ahhh" color anyway