[quote=Anthony;63424][quote=mccarrot;63419]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    The Dutch are taking over :-)

Thats a hugo show right?

I can see the CRAZY crowdscanning flame post comming
    Thats some sick laser"show"!!!

Sorry for the OFFTOPIC guys.
    Yes its hugo
    First I din't want to post this movie to prevent the safety discussion. When this discussion starts I will delete the link imediatly!

Does the JeroenVDV here work for Laser-Image? Because I've seen a Jeroen in the credits for Qlimax.

I'm going to Qlimax this year. Anyone else coming?

No, Jeroen does not work for laserimage, but some production are so big they hire multiple lasercompanies.

When I was still joung I allways went to Qlimax, but now I only go to quality partys like Awakening.

[QUOTE=Anthony;63424][quote=mccarrot;63419]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    The Dutch are taking over :-)

Thats a hugo show right?

I can see the CRAZY crowdscanning flame post comming
    Thats some sick laser"show"!!!

Sorry for the OFFTOPIC guys.
    If it's a show done by Hugo Bunk I doubt there will be a flame post coming. I'm sure he will have done his homework and that show will have been calculated to be safe. He has too much of a reputation at stake to even consider doing anything remotely unsafe.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I've seen quite a few shows done by Hugo at Awakenings and that isn't the most intense by a long way.

Here's a similar but even more intense video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5pqLF4...eature=related

Hugo is not only an ILDA member but a board member so I doubt he's going to do anything dangerous.

The guy is a genius pure and simple, he pushes the boundaries whilst keeping within safe limits. To my mind he's quite simply the best laserist in the world. I've yet to see anyone else do anything even remotely approaching what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    By power you mean radiant power, right?

Well, it only takes 8mW of 532 to make 1W of 650 look like 635 (6mW for 658). Adding that little green isn't going to make a big difference to the luminance or brightness. For 650 you gain 7% in luminance and for 658 8%. Considering the 635 has 3 times the luminance compared to 1006 mW of 658+532 it really does seem like 635 is the better choice.
    Not much to gain on the red side then

For high power systems, the 445nm blue is probably more cost effective than 473nm.

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post

holy SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!

That is freaking crazy stuff!!!!!!

[/offtopic]

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post

For high power systems, the 445nm blue is probably more cost effective than 473nm.

Yes, but still way too expesive for us hobbyist, but if 150mW of 405nm will give you about 75mw of 473nm blue when mixed with some green this will be a really great and cheap solution to boost your blue.
    those 150mW blu-rays diodes only costs about 30 euros on ebay.

But wat about the losses you will have on your optics and mirror, I red somewhere you will loosse allot of 405nm on the galvo mirrors. Will this also be the case of its allready mixed to a 473 or 445 wavelenght?

And what about the losses when you use a PCB cube to mix 473nm with 405nm?

I really want to try this setup if it makes sense, but if I loose more than 50% of 405nm on my optics and mirrors I think It does not make sense to do this.

WOW! I don't like that particular flavor of techno much but I would actually go just to see that kind of lasers at work! Incredible deep blue, cyan and pink colours and crazy beam-gris with the overlapping scans! Would love to see that in good quality...if I dont like the music I could always mute the sound and put on something else!

/d

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    I've seen quite a few shows done by Hugo at Awakenings and that isn't the most intense by a long way.

Hugo is not only an ILDA member but a board member so I doubt he's going to do anything dangerous.

The guy is a genius pure and simple, he pushes the boundaries whilst keeping within safe limits. To my mind he's quite simply the best laserist in the world. I've yet to see anyone else do anything even remotely approaching what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by dar303 View Post
    WOW! I don't like that particular flavor of techno much but I would actually go just to see that kind of lasers at work! Incredible deep blue, cyan and pink colours and crazy beam-gris with the overlapping scans! Would love to see that in good quality...if I dont like the music I could always mute the sound and put on something else!

/d
    If you want I can some hi quality movies on a ftp, been to alot of awakenings partys and made also alot movies

Youtube really messes up the quality, especial when the beams are moving fast.