Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inherited laser equipment

Laser Warning Inherited laser equipment

Due to an unfortunate death in the family we have recently came into possession of quite a bit of lasers, parts and PSUs.

We know a lot of this gear is valuable and niche and therefore we didn't trust "eBay resellers" not to lose a ton of money selling stuff they don't have knowledge to describe. I have volunteered to learn about lasers enough to be able to identify what PSU goes with what lasers and maybe even get them working and tested.

The goal is to eventually sell everything.

Lasers include He-Ne, CO2(up to 60W), Nd:YAG, ruby, medical Er, tons of solid state stuff. I'm sure there are other types that I don't even know about. Lots of flash tubes, pulse controllers, lenses, etc.
    Non laser gear includes HID spotlights, LED flashlights, high voltage parts, UV bulbs and lights.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170626_074635.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	52509Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170625_173522.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	52510

I would like to say hello to all of you, It is nice to meet you. My name is Zak.

I will be posting close ups based on your comments. Let me know if there is something you are interested in seeing specifically. I know how passionate my uncle was about photons and I want to continue to share it with people.
    Last edited by karlkar; 07-06-2017 at 17:51. Reason: Grammar

Hi Zak. Im sorry for your loss.
    I would be possibly interested in the he ne.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Hi Zak,

where are you located?

Viktor

I'll look out for the the He Ne, I haven't put my hands on that one yet.

I'm from Ohio.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'm in Akron if you need help sorting. I have over 25 years in the industry.
    Steve

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

hi zak,

i'd very much like to see photos and more information about the co2 lasers and the Nd:YAG.

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by karlkar View Post
    Due to unfortunate in the family we have recently came into possession of quite a bit of lasers, parts and PSUs.

We know a lot of this gear is valuable and niche and therefore we didn't trust "eBay resellers" not to lose a ton of money selling stuff they don't have knowledge to describe. I have volunteered to learn about lasers enough to be able to identify what PSU goes with what lasers and maybe even get them working and tested.

The goal is to eventually sell everything.

Lasers include He-Ne, CO2(up to 60W), Nd:YAG, ruby, medical Er, tons of solid state stuff. I'm sure there are other types that I don't even know about. Lots of flash tubes, pulse controllers, lenses, etc.
    Non laser gear includes HID spotlights, LED flashlights, high voltage parts, UV bulbs and lights.

Name:	IMG_20170626_074635.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	52509Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170625_173522.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	52510

I would like to say hello to all of you, It is nice to meet you. My name is Zak.

I will be posting close ups based on your comments. Let me know if there is something you are interested in seeing specifically. I know how passionate my uncle was about photons and I want to continue to share it with people.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Yes, pictures of all the laser heads will help us identify them for you. Some may look expensive but be worth very little. Some may look very old and be worth lots to a few.

I'm in cleveland also happy to help. I don't need anything. Just want to help.
    husman....your n Cincinnati

Hello Zak; welcome to PhotonLexicon.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure this isn't easy for you or your family.

However, you are quite fortunate to be located in Ohio. Both Marc (Kecked) and Steve (mixedgas) are long-time laser professionals who can assist you in identifying the equipment you have. More importantly, like so many of our members here, Steve and Marc are great people! They won't steer you wrong.

When you have more time, as others have already posted it would be very helpful if you could post pictures of the items individually. I recognize this is a lot of work, and there's no real need to rush, but pictures really are the best way to identify things. Given that it appears most of the equipment is already boxed up, it might be a good idea to wait until someone can meet with you first. Then things can be carefully unboxed, photographed (and possibly identified right then), labeled, and then re-packaged so it won't be damaged.

Adam

Thank you everyone for the kind words, it means a lot to all of us.

The first laser I'm going to post is a DPSS. 532nm and 1000mw.

Turns on and makes a beam. No identifiable brand or documentation.

Name:	IMG_20170706_204827.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	52513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170706_204834.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	3.11 MB 
ID:	52514

Name:	IMG_20170706_204842.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	52515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170706_204923.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	52516

Name:	IMG_20170706_213506.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	52517

I searched Google photos and after bit of scrolling I found something that looked pretty similar.

http://www.dmphotonics.com/DPSS_DMPV...DMPV-532-1.htm