- Interlock using solidstate relais
    - Keyswitch
    - ILDA connector
    - Powercon-connector
    - POWER-LED / LASER EMISSION-LED

WOW !!!

Realy Cool,
    Love the case design and all the interlocks

The Mounting Bracket looks the Business too. I think you should give yourself a pat on the back, as I have not seen such a well made good looking home made projector.

Load a Vdeo clip so we can see it in action!!

W.

NICE!!...

Very clean design. I actually little bit worried about my laser projector dropping so beside a bar with 2 C clamps I have 2 small diameter aircraft cables securing my projector to the truss. Just in case!

Now some action plz!
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Thumbs up

Looks like it is nice and portable, until it is mounted. Then it looks like it ain't goin nowhere. Very Nice!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Nice use of the PowerCon connector! Those make life nice and easy!

How did you wire up the Laser emission LED? I've been wanting to add one, I've got a dual LED RED/Yellow/Green that I have thought about using, and I also have a really nice blue one!

Also what SSRelays did you use?

Thanks for the (positive) replies!

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    How did you wire up the Laser emission LED? I've been wanting to add one, I've got a dual LED RED/Yellow/Green that I have thought about using, and I also have a really nice blue one!
    Well, just parallel with the SSRelay that switches the laserunit (that's 3.3V)

Also what SSRelays did you use?
    Good question.. just a normal chassis-mounted 10A 250V SSRelay?

Oh.. And I do need a resistor for the LED's. They almost output more light than the laser itself

The reason why I asked how you set up the LED is because, I was wondering about putting it in line with the Intensity blanking signal from the ILDA DB25 connector. It would then actually show when the laser has a signal and is on. Of course I would also have an LED which indicates that the laser unit is on.

I designed a fairly complex and very modular Interlock system, I would like to start building it first and then post pictures how I did it all. I just need some help/time finding the right components, hence the reason for asking you what type of relay. I am just trying to get an idea of what other people use.

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    The reason why I asked how you set up the LED is because, I was wondering about putting it in line with the Intensity blanking signal from the ILDA DB25 connector. It would then actually show when the laser has a signal and is on. Of course I would also have an LED which indicates that the laser unit is on.
    When the laser-PSU is powered on, there is a risk of having laserbeams, controlled or not. That's why I wanted the LED showing power to the laser-PSU. When that LED is off, there is no chance of a laser beam.
    I designed a fairly complex and very modular Interlock system, I would like to start building it first and then post pictures how I did it all. I just need some help/time finding the right components, hence the reason for asking you what type of relay. I am just trying to get an idea of what other people use.
    Please keep us updated, what I've done here is very simple and because it's my first projector I need to learn things too I'll check the relay-details for you when I'm back home.

My green beauty at the Nightlife Awards 2007 show in club the Matrixx in Nijmegen - The Netherlands...

Wow, looks great! I can wait to see more pictures!