Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SilverRay New Scanner Problems - Discussion

Default SilverRay New Scanner Problems - Discussion

For reference to all on the forum regarding the recent problem with the scan system in Jim's 500mW Laser.

I have been in contact with the manufacturer (DT ELECTRONICS) and they are confident that there is nothing wrong with the scanner. I have visited their page and found this:

http://www.dtelectronic.cn/production.asp?ArticleID=6

If anyone has any input on the scanners please discuss here. The scan angles etc they provided are as follows

Speed Deflection angle Operating voltage
    <20.000pps 30 optical deflection +/-24V
    <25.000pps 20 optical deflection +/-24V
    <30.000pps 15 optical deflection +/-24V
    <40.000pps 8 optical deflection +/-24V
    <45.000pps 5 optical deflection +/-24V

I also insisted they took a look at the forum (specifically Jims upload of the ILDA test fram pics) and said that any problems can easily be sorted with 'basic re-tuning'.

We would highly appreciate any feedback etc on this so we can ensure that in the future we only provide high quality scanners.

Thankyou for your time!

Regards,

All at Silverray
    Last edited by silverray_laser_systems; 02-22-2008 at 06:23.

Sorry, also to add to this we have the user maual to hand if anyone wishes this to be emailed to them, especially Jim for your future reference

Thanks once again

Hello Alex
    This is very useful as the DTs are very much a known quantity here. Although I dont currently own any myself there are many members who do and there has been much talk about them not least this thread - http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3830 which is a long old read .
    Interestingly when Andy first posted about this one of the problems was the damping wobble just like jims scanners have got. The most interesting posts if you wanna jump in are from Bill Benner (pangolin) who points out that there are improvement to be made in the scanner driver - by removing components! Im not saying that DTs are not good because clearly they are and I am not really in a position to make a balanced judgement anyway not owning a set - but Bill has indicated to Jian from DT of ways he can make his product better. As far as I know this advice has not been heeded though this may be in the process of changing - and Bill knows a thing or two about scanners and drivers having helped with the development of industry standard and acclaimed CT6800 (which lets face it the DT's are cloned from) and its driver board, as well as designing the Accelerator drivers for G124 open loop scanners allowing never seen before performance from open loop devices.
    Hopefully if these mods are taken up then the scanners in your products will soon see those improvements which will benefit you and your clients as well as the whole industry.

And also let me say that its good that you are addressing the issues publically - as you will gain huge Kudos for this (and I dare say some customers). Respect.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by silverray_laser_systems View Post
    Sorry, also to add to this we have the user maual to hand if anyone wishes this to be emailed to them, especially Jim for your future reference

Thanks once again
    I am not so sure if these are DT40's Alex?

The driver board doesnt look like the board in the links anyway?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

They most certainly are not DT40s...

I haven't really been paying attention to these threads.. What brand of laser is it? If it is a Yagang, its most likely they are actually Yagang's scanners NOT DT40's
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    They most certainly are not DT40s...

I haven't really been paying attention to these threads.. What brand of laser is it? If it is a Yagang, its most likely they are actually Yagang's scanners NOT DT40's
    hi Dave , they're not like any yagang scanners I've had, but it's been a couple of years since I've had any. The could have changed. The driver board is also very different. Yagang tend to use seperate x y boards on the higher speeds.

All the best

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

I think you are right there,

The laser doesn't look like anything silverstar sells...
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Nice cabinet design - not! Those fans are gonna throw a whole loada crap on your optics ther mate

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Cool

Alex;

Why are you linking to the DT-40 scanners? It's obvious from the picture that the scanners in this projector are not the DT-40's. (The DT-40's have a separate amp board for X and Y, while the board in the projector has a single amp board for both scanners.)

Are you considering switching scanner suppliers to the DT-40's? If so, that would be a big improvement. However, if you're suggesting that those are the scanners that are supposed to be in the projector now, then someone has made a big mistake...

Adam

And another NOT... is beam alignment ... where is the adjustment on those Dichro optics ..... there is none

what do you have to do to bring it into alignment ? bend the mount with a pair of pliers ( they also look like they are glued to the base as well

good luck with sorting this .... i hope Alex is true to his word and he sorts out these issues

if he does, he will have a lot of respect here on this forum

all the best .... Karl