Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: New 4 Channel Highside driver

Attachment 38972
    sent me badpip

Wow, I just read a couple posts in the thread, what a disaster. Was just thinking earlier today that I should probably get a couple more of these. I already have the 2 channel version and absolutely love the standby beam suppression thing. Is there any other driver that has this sort of feature? Shame to see badpip go away like this, the product he had works wonderfully for me.

You know guys, drivers, well made drivers; they take much planning, testing, hard working laying them out and mfg'ing. I respect a persons IP, I really do. There is a BUT coming.

BUT, Everyone needs drivers so badly for all sorts of projects. If a person that designs a decent driver doesn't have time to make them, or doesn't care (or have enough time), why in the world don't they sell the IP to someone that can run it, making a little profit for their time. This is an expensive hobby yet some people feel that others (supplying the drivers) shouldn't make money. Nothing wrong with a fair profit. it's how business works.

For Christ's sake, if you can't deliver, sell the schematics to someone willing to mfg them for a profit. this statement goes for *any* amateur driver mfg'er.

It's not right to reverse engineer someones work and re-release it, but it has been spoken of many times in the shadows.

I recently resorted to getting LW to sell me a couple bare drivers, also picked up a couple wavelength drivers from the'bay.

Badpip, wanna sell your schema's? I can't or don't have time to do it, but I fairly sure someone will.

Badpip won't response to e-mail er what so ever.
    I have payed and never recieved a driver or reaction to my mails ...
    His driver is a upgraded version of the Stan_Ham driver..
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...iver+schematic

So people, better not buying from this Denisch guy.

Thomas Rasmussen
    XXXXXXXXX 16 st
    9900 Frederikshavn
    Denmark

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I have something on the bench now. If it works on long term test, here is how it is going to be. I have two friends who are Laserists with a hankering for a cottage industry. They are both stay at home Dads who work out of their home. That covers assembly, support, and shipping, as my job has me on the road all the time. So I'll make about two or three dollars per device, they will make some what more. It amazes me that a diode driver with a total of six or seven wires and two potentiometers requires support, but obviously they do. So I need to farm this out, which is un-attractive to me in terms of profitability vs. the work required.

Drivers will ship every Saturday, and the same type of shipping will be used for all orders. If you need one FEDEXed to save a gig at the Whitehouse or Buckingham Palace, expect a un-merciful special services charge or arrange a FEDEX pickup. If some one can get to the shipper sooner, then things will happen faster, but that is kids/wife/work schedule dependent. I would urge you to order a spare.

We might also do a minimum order to keep the costs down. The shipping box and foam costs almost as much, if not more, then the opamp and two power transistors. Not to mention the headaches of constant tracking of multiple packages. Tracking will be mandatory. I know it is expensive, but it will stop the bleating of squeakers on forums.

The device requires a 10 to 15 volt input and will drive two 1 watt blues in series if your rail has enough volts for the diode burden.. It is made to the blue array requirements of a few of my friends. So if you want five volt power input, or you want it customized to drive a 510 nm 70 mA green, this may not be the driver for you. The form factor is not small. I am not using surface mount for the output and pre-regulator transistors. I am using a five amp output device with internal overtemp and overcurrent shutdown. The beam cut-off input, if I decide its worth the " time value of money"* to implement, requires TTL or a pull up resistor, as we all still use the ILDA shutter function. You will need to heatsink it.

If Buffo and Keck's driver makes it to market, it would seem silly to make these.

Why no one stays in the driver business is simple. When the business grows, the cost of the support and time exceeds the profitability. It does not pay well enough to quit the day job.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-02-2013 at 14:27.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Funny how China isn't trying to flood us with their analog driver boards .. they have 'em in all of their DI diode modules .. it's strange ..
    --@ Steve -- I hope your friends continue with their "cottage" project, and/or Buffo/Keck's project gets off the ground. I guess the Pango driver is going to take a while for product development . I wonder why TI/ National etc doesn't have a chip yet .. I guess not enough demand / niche market ..

Seems there are a few drivers that will appear soon.

Heres my offering, small 1" x 2" driver. Prototypes all done and tested OK. Just in the middle of getting a assembly run done...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo (45).JPG  

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

For any who is looking for drivers: http://www.lasertack.com/en/high-pow...r#.UdO-FutR6lI
    Driver including tec driver and sbs.

Specs and price please dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Seems there are a few drivers that will appear soon.

Heres my offering, small 1" x 2" driver. Prototypes all done and tested OK. Just in the middle of getting a assembly run done...
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

You must work together guys ! you must build a dual driver AND a tec driver, off course in the same board !