Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ILDA Accreditation

Can someone explain me all benefits of ILDA membership.? Does it get me a good discount on parts. Does it brings more business. Or it's just another Trade Union?
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

I guess you'd be better of getting it straight from the Horses Mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    If ILDA can't get over itself to fix something that is obviously stupid (by spiteful design) then why should any of us feel comfortable with the idea that they now what to control our credibility as laserists?
    James with the greatest respect, we've already had this argument in another thread and from memory I believe Bill Bremner himself came in to explain to you the history of the format, why the format was the way that it was and that in fact it was the unique way that laserboy worked with palettes that was the problem, not the format.

Whereas I find no need to have any axe to grind one way or another, this thread is about IDLA's safety and accreditation proposals not the ILDA format.

If you want to discuss the ILDA format further then could you please dig up the other thread and do it in there.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Can someone explain me all benefits of ILDA membership.? Does it get me a good discount on parts. Does it brings more business. Or it's just another Trade Union?
    Great Parties with lasers once a year.

Seriously, nice way to meet people and see the technology.

Steve

I have been following the emails and it seems like a good idea executed in a bad way.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Great Parties with lasers once a year.

Seriously, nice way to meet people and see the technology.

Steve
    I know I already met a lot of people but I don't think you need a conference to do so. Parties.. I have them all the time. Not only once a year. I don't care much for awards. Because it's an award in a very small elite club of people. When thousands of people enjoy the show it's much better positive energy output then a few very elite people giving their reviews.

soforene I 've been there and it looks exactly like many support groups which will give you their logo for a membership price. I see no potential business income from this party. Sorry but I'm thinking very business way. I don't think I'll get more parties if I was a member of ILDA. It's like making a Martin Lightjockey association. Safety... I work for big lasershow company while back. I don't even do audience scan.

I just don't think that price ILDA is asking for their member ship represents potential business output.

Don't get me wrong. I have boundless respect for all the gurus over there. Pangolin Bill. LaserAnimation and others. What I see is that ILDA is trying hard to limit all access to laser technology to anyone that is not their member. That only thing that is really worring me.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    James with the greatest respect, we've already had this argument in another thread and from memory I believe Bill Bremner himself came in to explain to you the history of the format, why the format was the way that it was and that in fact it was the unique way that laserboy worked with palettes that was the problem, not the format.

Whereas I find no need to have any axe to grind one way or another, this thread is about IDLA's safety and accreditation proposals not the ILDA format.

If you want to discuss the ILDA format further then could you please dig up the other thread and do it in there.
    Been there. Done that.

ILDA Format BS

I'm sorry. I keep forgetting that Bill Benner is God and is the undisputable answer to all that is laser display.

My bad.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Been there. Done that.

ILDA Format BS

I'm sorry. I keep forgetting that Bill Benner is God and is the undisputable answer to all that is laser display.

My bad.

James.
    Whew - FINALLY!

I was beginning to think we were actually going to get through this thread without someone taking a cheap shot at Pangolin or Bill Benner...

You know James, a lot of us really try to give you the credit you deserve for the work you've done with your Laserboy development.
    You consistently make that difficult for us by coming across, once again, as just slightly more than an attention-grubbing asshole - NOT because of your so-called "passion" for your interests, but because of the way you openly treat and degrade people who aren't in total agreement with you.

And you wonder why you get the response you do from some of the PL forum members...
    Last edited by Stuka; 01-11-2009 at 19:19.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[quote:
    Don't get me wrong. I have boundless respect for all the gurus over there. Pangolin Bill. LaserAnimation and others. What I see is that ILDA is trying hard to limit all access to laser technology to anyone that is not their member. end quote:]

considering about 99% of ilda members customers are non members, how so?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    [quote:
    Don't get me wrong. I have boundless respect for all the gurus over there. Pangolin Bill. LaserAnimation and others. What I see is that ILDA is trying hard to limit all access to laser technology to anyone that is not their member. end quote:]

considering about 99% of ilda members customers are non members, how so?

Steve
    Physical access to laser technology. Like any self interest group will do.
    I have nothing agains sefety tests and such...but did you noticed that to be certified you have to be ILDA member!