Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 137

Thread: Socalem 2011

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiga, Japan / California, USA
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Yadda and I are paid up! And the chance of us making it out there Friday night is looking better and better ... see you all soon!

  2. #112
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    610

    Default stuffs to bring along...

    Would anyone have any interest in doing a *garage sale* of laser related items sort of thing>?
    I have 3 Spectra Physics 127 high mileage tubes (the big loong ones) three red tide spectrometer systems, a gold mirrored ruby rod,an Nd-glass rod and 6 uniphase 155Sl he-nes. I also have a museum quality holography setup.Its a real solid high end system.
    anyone have thoughts? is this a bad idea? a good idea? a stoopid idea>?
    also, I have an ALC 60 X that is not doing well. would someone be interested in helping me out to get it running at full power again? it runs at a constant low idle. I replaced the tube this spring.it has a marlin gold box.
    lemme know! worst case scenario its just a bunch of cool lasery stuff.
    Nate.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SoCal / San Salvador / NY
    Posts
    4,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Well-

    Cant do it. ..Jon- really sorry man. Trust me, wish i could come but just cant right now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdFQ7q6j2qE We'll miss ya buddy... if you should somehow find yourself 'compelled' to send-along a Kvant 10 or 20W Blue for
    " evaluation / review ", very-well...I accept!

    Call me up re: " that show " we were discussing... and that's an order from


    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Yadda and I are paid up! And the chance of us making it out there Friday night is looking better and better ... see you all soon!
    Excellent... this LEM is shaping-up quite nicely...

    @ sugeek and Vidal - Gr8 ideas guys - suggestion: (...and *not* cause this 'isn't the thread for it', or something silly... Start a 'SoCaLEM 2011 SwapMeet' thread, that-way, your fine offerings won't get 'buried' in-here... I'll be starting the 'SoCaLEM Rigs n Shows' thread, as soon as I get thru my 47 PMs...

    ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Does anybody know what Bill Arkin's been up to recently? Holospectra is down the street from Canoga Park and I wonder if he'd be interested in showing up.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Does anybody know what Bill Arkin's been up to recently? Holospectra is down the street from Canoga Park and I wonder if he'd be interested in showing up.
    I ran into him at Photonics West. I mentioned the LEM as I noticed his name tag said Van Nuys but as I recall, he said he's busy.

    Somebody that knows him better should coerce him to join in!

    - Jonathan

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    129

    Default

    hey - is anyone bringing any sort of camera capable of HD recording? I'm trying to figure out wether I need to borrow one or not.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Does anybody know what Bill Arkin's been up to recently? Holospectra is down the street from Canoga Park and I wonder if he'd be interested in showing up.
    I had mentioned this to his brother Bob last month. Let me pay them a visit to see if they would like to go.

    Ivan

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Yeah ... let's get the Arkin Brothers here!!! They're a huge part of the history of laser light shows, lasers and holography. I bought my first spatial filters from them in the early '80s. They have a great collection of vintage lasers and holography equipment. And Bob, who I know better, is the kind of individualist that makes our profession so interesting.

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SoCal / San Salvador / NY
    Posts
    4,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    They have a great collection of vintage lasers and holography equipment.
    I will have a *startlingly awesome* reflection hologram they produced at the LEM - won't say what the 'subject matter' is - I'll leave that as a nice 'surprize'...

    RE: Arkins - yessir - highly-experienced Gents, both (just do me a favor and don't 'hype' Laserium / the show-presence...you know - 'old competitor-sentiments die hard'...

    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    One would hope that after 20+ years of water under the bridge, the fingers could stay in their holsters for a few hours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •