Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 108

Thread: SELEM V in Newton, NC August 19-21; Need input (and volunteers) now!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,590

    Default

    I was thinking more of an RGB in the middle for shows that were designed for one projector (and don't look great on multiple projectors)

    also you need a shutter or something on that thing... getting hit with a static beam in the face from that thing was not fun!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI.
    Posts
    2,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    also you need a shutter or something on that thing... getting hit with a static beam in the face from that thing was not fun!
    HMMM.... Maybe you shouldn't have been sitting there.... Sound familiar?
    Yeah, kinda like the time your projector almost hit me in the eye from 3 feet away with 1.5W of 532nm at the Holiday inn. FYI, A GM20 was installed on Platinum's projector before SELEM 2010, I know, I was there....

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Yes, but I believe it's only served with Baccardi, Captain Morgan, Myers or some other brand of rum!

    hmm you guys have sake? I love that stuff too =)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Randy;

    MasterPJ;

    I sent you a PM about it, but regarding your projector, you could pack it in a flight case and then check it as baggage on the plane. It would have to go in the cargo area, of course, and that means you'd have to wait at the terminal to retrieve it, but that's one way to get your projector here safely.

    The other option is to box it up very carefully and then ship it via DHL or FedEx or something. But that's probably going to be very expensive. You'd probably be better off buying the flight case and taking it on the plane... (The airline might charge you a fee for having additional baggage, but I'm pretty sure it won't be more than $25 or so...)

    Adam
    Well the last option you said sounds very inconvenient :P
    Second: i'm still worried about the projectors alignment, airports like to throw with peoples precious stuff.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,473

    Default

    So then why bring it ?
    All of the South East laser enthousiasts will be there, lots of projectors.
    I am sure they want to see your 3D Laser shizzle, since it's excellent.
    I doubt it if there would be no one that wanted to share their projector ?

    Saves you a lot of headaches of bringing your own projector, but is a lot easier.

    Or will this visit be combined with your other US related activities ? ;-)
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    So then why bring it ?
    All of the South East laser enthousiasts will be there, lots of projectors.
    I am sure they want to see your 3D Laser shizzle, since it's excellent.
    I doubt it if there would be no one that wanted to share their projector ?

    Saves you a lot of headaches of bringing your own projector, but is a lot easier.

    Or will this visit be combined with your other US related activities ? ;-)
    That last thing is where I'm still thinking about hehe
    I also earned a vacation after these years of study I guess =)
    but yeah Likely I will be leaving my projector here.
    So you are going to SELEM too hobbybob?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,473

    Default

    Very tempting MasterPJ , just as the ILDA Cruise sounds tempting too, but unfortunately Lady Luck hasn't been so nice to me financially last year, so i will only attend the UKLEMs and ofcourse as much as possible all Dutch LEMs (SpringLEM!).
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Very tempting MasterPJ , just as the ILDA Cruise sounds tempting too, but unfortunately Lady Luck hasn't been so nice to me financially last year, so i will only attend the UKLEMs and ofcourse as much as possible all Dutch LEMs (SpringLEM!).
    that sucks hobbybob, I have no idea how much this ilda cruise costs either, I think it's expensive right?
    Sucks that lady luck hasn't been nice to you last year, she better be this year or I'll slap her in the face

    Ah yes SpringLEM !

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    I could mistaken, but I'm under the impression that the ILDA Conference is to be held in Moscow this year, instead of a cruise.

    Here's a link: http://www.laserist.org/c2011-overview.htm

    - Jonathan

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I could mistaken, but I'm under the impression that the ILDA Conference is to be held in Moscow this year, instead of a cruise.

    Here's a link: http://www.laserist.org/c2011-overview.htm

    - Jonathan
    O.O
    in soviet russia tv watches you right?????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •