Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Custom Projector Case 1.4 Watt RGB Build

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GuangZhou, China
    Posts
    273

    Default

    double-decked??
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

    Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.



    www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    very nice looking case! and the dimensions look OK too

    maybe you could use one of these http://www.maplin.co.uk/fused-snap-i...-switch-218978 and free up some real estate to accomodate the second ILDA, the keyswitch and remote switch
    "its called character briggs..."

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL USA
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I have updated the rear metalwork to accept an additional DB-25, and a rotary Key switch, Digikey PN: EG2623-ND

    Rear.JPG
    1.2 Watt RGB Build
    DHOM 300mw 532
    DHOM 600mw 445
    Laserwave 300mw 640
    DT-40 Pro's
    FB3 / Quickshow

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL USA
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Ok guys I have the quotes in for the Projector Cases.
    I don't know that we have enough interest in this to get the cost down. I have less than 10 possible interests.
    The pricing in a qty of 10, (and that is assuming I can get 10 people to commit to a purchase so I'm not left here holding the bag), would be $400 each.
    That price does include packaging, but shipping would be extra...
    Price includes:
    Complete Housing with pressed 4-40 threaded inserts and standoffs, Powder-coated Black Textured finish.
    Pivot Base with 1/4-20 Star Knobs and nylon spacers
    3/8" Aluminum Optical Plate drilled and tapped at edges only for assembly into case.
    1/8" Aluminum Electronics Plate with mounting holes matching standoffs in case.
    All screws and hardware to assemble the case (you provide hardware for mounting your lasers, etc.)
    CNC machined Output Window Bezel (accepts Edmund PN: NT47-946)
    Two 60mm A/C Fans
    Two Fan Guards with filters
    Power Switch
    Fuse Holder and fuse
    Power Receptacle
    Rotary Key Switch
    Two DB-25 connectors with solder cups

    At this price I make exactly $40 on each case... That will help offset the money I put into the prototype, which cost a lot more than $400...
    If we had enough interest for 20 units, the cost could be a bit less.

    Just let me know...

    Rob
    1.2 Watt RGB Build
    DHOM 300mw 532
    DHOM 600mw 445
    Laserwave 300mw 640
    DT-40 Pro's
    FB3 / Quickshow

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laserkits View Post
    If you guys are interested please only say so if you are sure you would buy one. I don't plan to make money on this just simply wanted to give back to the community.
    It's a nice case esp with all the parts, but i was expecting it to come in at less so i'm out.

    Also it has nothing to do with the $40 bucks heck the headaches and logistics you need to get something for, but you might want to edit your first post.
    leading in trailing technology

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    91

    Default

    I was hoping for a price closer to that Edison Case group buy that was done last year for $280:

    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-(USA-version)

    That was a great looking case that is similar, granted it didn't have any of the parts, (plugs, fans, switches, etc..), you're including with your case. It may be a bit too fancy for my wallet right now.

    I'll have to think about that.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL USA
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimboy3625 View Post
    I was hoping for a price closer to that Edison Case group buy that was done last year for $280:
    Yes Edison's case costs less to make since it is only flat plate and off-the-shelf extrusion. There is less fab work in his, I just wanted mine how I wanted it... No worries... I figured it may be a bit expensive to produce, but wanted to throw out the offer to everyone...
    1.2 Watt RGB Build
    DHOM 300mw 532
    DHOM 600mw 445
    Laserwave 300mw 640
    DT-40 Pro's
    FB3 / Quickshow

  8. #18
    Bradfo69's Avatar
    Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    6,207

    Default

    That's still about what I expected and, my Austin Willing built Edison case was a touch over that if I recall and still a lot less than my LT. I could still be interested if you ever revisit this although Lord knows, I don't need it right now.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,733

    Default

    That is one tidy build. Nice work with the mains terminations too BTW.

    Three thumbs up
    This space for rent.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Tx
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Nice looking case! If I wasn't flat broke I would be interested in one. Good luck with it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    That's still about what I expected and, my Austin built Edison case was a touch over that if I recall and still a lot less than my LT. I could still be interested if you ever revisit this although Lord knows, I don't need it right now.
    Could you edit the last name out of your post? and this one http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...going-on-here? (not a big deal, I just don't want google archiving my name all of the place)
    Last edited by MisterWilling; 09-16-2011 at 09:21.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •