Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: LSX ~ Live

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    2,538

    Default LSX ~ Live

    Anyone else playing with? Can you have multiple pages of cues? Any hints on building out a timeline to work well with it?


    Thanks

    John
    leading in trailing technology

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Anyone else playing with?
    If you know how to do that, I'm very interested !! (if no, I think I will buy Quick Show...LSX is too poor)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    My momentum is too precisely determined :S
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    If you know how to do that, I'm very interested !! (if no, I think I will buy Quick Show...LSX is too poor)
    Agreed but if we spam drlava with feature requests and remarks it will improve!

    I've seen Pango software at the LEM and I wasn't too impressed. Of course there is always much more in the software than you can see at first glance. But the only thing it did was skipping to the next cue/effect/frame/whatever they call it synced to a beat. I'd expect the effects to be synchronised with the music as well. Maybe there is a function to do that but I haven't seen it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Agreed but if we spam drlava with feature requests and remarks it will improve!

    I've seen Pango software at the LEM and I wasn't too impressed. Of course there is always much more in the software than you can see at first glance. But the only thing it did was skipping to the next cue/effect/frame/whatever they call it synced to a beat. I'd expect the effects to be synchronised with the music as well. Maybe there is a function to do that but I haven't seen it.
    Are you sure you both looked at the live part of BEYOND and livepro?
    I think you only saw one of them :b
    There is a lot to it in fact, dont forget a LEM is about having fun and is not a full demonstration.
    Livepro and BEYOND are both very powerfull for live usage.
    In fact I haven't learned far from everything yet with livepro, compared to the other software pangolin software especially.
    What you indeed saw was people randomly clicking cue's but this is not the usual professional way of live performing, there's more to it.
    Last edited by masterpj; 11-16-2011 at 14:46.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    My momentum is too precisely determined :S
    Posts
    1,777

    Default

    Good to know that :P
    I would love to mess around with Pango software though, and see with my own eyes how powerful it really is.
    But I must admit, the live function of LSX appears to be rather limited (though I need to mess around with that one more in depth soon)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Post Falls Idaho, USA
    Posts
    319

    Default

    I use LSX with three scanners and two DAC's. When using live I use a Casio AZ-1(Synth-axe) as a live wearable interface. After some fiddlin with Andrew I got it up and it works Flawlessly. I have not however been able to cue different sets of CAT files as a pending show. Still pushing the learning curve on this.
    I'll post a video of how my set up works if your interested..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •