Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: noob DJ with a tiny budget

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    946

    Default

    You can use my online ILDA file renderer to view ILDA files before loading them up to a laser.

    https://ildac32.com/render/

    Just use the 'upload' option. It's 100% browser based, so nothing is uploaded to a server.

    When I load your latest ILDA file, it runs fine in the online renderer, so I can't see what the issue is when running on a laser.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    You can use my online ILDA file renderer to view ILDA files before loading them up to a laser.

    https://ildac32.com/render/

    Just use the 'upload' option. It's 100% browser based, so nothing is uploaded to a server.

    When I load your latest ILDA file, it runs fine in the online renderer, so I can't see what the issue is when running on a laser.
    Yeah i'm not sure either. Its not too many frames, little high on the points maybe? I have it set to 15,1

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    Wow! That was an experience. I fixed a bunch more stuff that was slightly off. Also realized there is another function to apply to a palette of only a few colors.

    Try this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Wow! That was an experience. I fixed a bunch more stuff that was slightly off. Also realized there is another function to apply to a palette of only a few colors.

    Try this one.

    ooo interesting.. this one is visually better than my best attempt, but instead of a color pinwheel, the image is all white with a dark pinwheel.. I ran some other ild files just to make sure i didnt lose any diodes and i still have all three primary colors

    https://youtube.com/shorts/qXbFIqxSU3o?feature=share

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    That's weird.

    You should see about the same thing you see when you open it in [redacted].

    It should be 7 colors.

    It's all format 0 with the default palette.

    James.
    Last edited by james; 09-07-2022 at 14:51.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tikigonewild View Post
    ooo interesting.. this one is visually better than my best attempt, but instead of a color pinwheel, the image is all white with a dark pinwheel.. I ran some other ild files just to make sure i didnt lose any diodes and i still have all three primary colors

    https://youtube.com/shorts/qXbFIqxSU3o?feature=share
    How does this one look?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    How does this one look?
    AND THE PLOT THICKENS...

    So I know the projector CAN display all the colors we are asking of it.. so I went into the other .ild files on the sd card that display "properly" I noticed a strange discrepancy in the .prj files. When I loaded some of the other color ild's into [redacted] or the web based browser, i noticed that whats written isnt actually being shown by the projector 1:1. any color it doesnt read properly, it displays as white.

    in the previous two youtube videos i had the .ild files set to 15,1 (as far as i know, this means the projector should read it in ILD mode as play at 15kpps, 1 time) and we got the weird garbled one from you and then the all white with dark portion from james' file.

    HERE COMES THE INTERESTING PART--

    After looking at the other files that came on the card, I decided to try something (even though I wasnt hopeful) I set the .prg file to read 20,1 (both with james' last one and your most recent) and I got james' to display semi-correct and yours was like looking at a all-white moving dashed line version... now, heres the part where we need to get billy mays on the phone because WAIT, THERES MORE (and I dont understand it)..

    in the following recordings I took both of your last file drops and set them to 20,1.0 (adding ".0") and for a reason I dont truly have an explanation for, now they both display, with color. HOWEVER, to get yours to display in this fashion sometimes, I have to go to a full color .ild file first then back to yours and it reads all the colors.. does the ".0" behind the "1" tell it to read differently somehow?



    recordings:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/7H1r5EaiYT8?feature=share
    https://youtube.com/shorts/-dOcDR70m_c?feature=share

    edit: just confirmed that if i load up the laser on the latest file you sent, its all white and dashed like it doesnt know how to read the color, but changing up or down a folder then back to the one its in [im guessing] makes the laser re-read the .prj file and display all the colors..

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    30

    Default

    sidenote: I never thought Id be up at 3am trying things out on a laser, but I'm having a blast. The fact you guys are helping me squeeze every last drop out of this little intro laser is also a huge credit to your community.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    You can use my online ILDA file renderer to view ILDA files before loading them up to a laser.

    https://ildac32.com/render/

    Just use the 'upload' option. It's 100% browser based, so nothing is uploaded to a server.

    When I load your latest ILDA file, it runs fine in the online renderer, so I can't see what the issue is when running on a laser.
    This doesn't read an ilda section 2 palette.

    ilda_viewer.png
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    This doesn't read an ilda section 2 palette.

    ilda_viewer.png
    It should.
    Can you post the file you are using?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •