Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Wide Scan Angle lens

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    You need to re read what Bill said. Introduction into commerce of a device that increases laser scan angle and used in public display "may" (i am pretty sure it is) be patented. If you want to do it in your garage that is a whole another story.
    I would still like to see the patent..?

    Has anyone els tried creating a 180 deg. scan angle? I bet that would be so cool. It would take your laser show design to a whole new level !

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    Yeah a fresnel lens would really disrupt the pattern. Not sure of the effect either - but I could borrow one from work 'to clean it' and try it out...

    If I get around to it I'll post some images.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East Coast , Canada
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Fresnel is an Awesome effect when used correctly.. Make sure to keep it dim and dense and use slow movements to create 3d textures...Also try a VCA Circle at about 3 - 5 hertz coming out at you..AMAZING!!!! This was a staple of Performance for a Laserist for Years, Still is as far as im concerned...
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL - USA
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Hi all,

    OK, as for AVI's patents (or, more specifically, Aron Bacs et al, the main one of which is assigned to AVI), you should look up US Patent: 5,546,139. AVI's full sphere system which uses the same lens can be seen at US Patent: 6,698,900. There are probably pending patents hanging off of this most recent one, and also, just because these are US Patent numbers, doesn't mean that there aren't also foreign patents as well. For example, I know for a fact that AVI's first patent is enforcible throughout most of Western Europe and Japan.

    My own wide angle scanning patent can be seen in US Patent: 6,392,821.

    @werner: Years ago, I too was aghast that AVI had gotten a patent on what seemed (to me) to be a rather obvious thing, but their patent went through three separate rounds of questioning by the examiner before finally being approved, so this makes it a very strong patent. Also, it has stood the test of time insomuch as AVI successfully stopping infringers.

    Regarding fresnel lenses, yes, indeed they can be used for laser imaging, and when done properly, it does not disturb the basic image. Our little baby projector that I posted a picture to in the past uses a fresnel lens just behind the screen to improve brightness (as do many rear-projection televisions).

    Best regards,

    William Benner

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by werner1619 View Post
    Has anyone els tried creating a 180 deg. scan angle? I bet that would be so cool. It would take your laser show design to a whole new level !
    Yeah, it would indeed take laser shows to a whole new level. That's why the patent was granted in the first place, and why it has withstood the test of time. (No sucessful challenges to the patent.)

    Adam

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    163

    Default

    I will be reading the patents, when time is at hand. untill then.....

    What is a fresnel lens and can anyone post some pic's? Worth a 1000 words, hehehe

    William Benner, so lets say that patent holds. Do you think anyone will be following me around to check that I do not implement a simular concept in any of my small time shows? Why don't you rather change your point of attack and sell the stuff at affordable prices. Yeah, yeah cost this and cost that, I do not think I have to give you a lesson in bussiness/ cost vs quantity, I am sure you and some other companies can make these allot cheaper than your current Inflated price!

    Untill then, I am sure people interested in lasers will always explore to keep things more cost effective. Just take this forum as eg. everyone here is in it to enjoy a Healthy price cut on the products by building things themself.

    Some people here are even Exploiting the fact that people here are looking for bargains.

    Well, thats enough blabber from me on this subject.....

    Anyone been doing anything New and Interesting? ( hope you were not breaking some patent law...)


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    3,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by werner1619 View Post
    I will be reading the patents, when time is at hand. untill then.....

    What is a fresnel lens and can anyone post some pic's? Worth a 1000 words, hehehe

    William Benner, so lets say that patent holds. Do you think anyone will be following me around to check that I do not implement a simular concept in any of my small time shows? Why don't you rather change your point of attack and sell the stuff at affordable prices. Yeah, yeah cost this and cost that, I do not think I have to give you a lesson in bussiness/ cost vs quantity, I am sure you and some other companies can make these allot cheaper than your current Inflated price!

    Untill then, I am sure people interested in lasers will always explore to keep things more cost effective. Just take this forum as eg. everyone here is in it to enjoy a Healthy price cut on the products by building things themself.

    Some people here are even Exploiting the fact that people here are looking for bargains.

    Well, thats enough blabber from me on this subject.....

    Anyone been doing anything New and Interesting? ( hope you were not breaking some patent law...)

    If you read them, would you understand them? If you understood them, could you replicate them? If you could replicate them, would it be right to use them to make you money? If I were to get a copy of your design would you mind if I went into your venues offering them at half price of you? If I steal your client using a design of yours, would you let me get away with it? You dont even know what a fresnel lens is... With all due respect of course...(sorry everyone...ill get back on my meds...)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Yip, I do not know what a fresnel lens is.
    Hopefully I will find out one day?

    Don't get to serious, ugly boy. rather go and do somthing about your avatar !

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    3,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by werner1619 View Post
    Yip, I do not know what a fresnel lens is.
    Hopefully I will find out one day?

    Don't get to serious, ugly boy. rather go and do somthing about your avatar !
    YIP, and today is your lucky day Einstein...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_lens

    Thats not an avatar...its a portrait!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Good to see you are all cool. Thought for a moment you would explode if I tempted you!

    Thanks for the info

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •