Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Origional Art

  1. #1
    mixedgas's Avatar
    mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.
    Posts
    10,108

    Default Origional Art

    I just saw the most origional piece of laser artwork I've seen it years, It came out of Laserboy, and it might be hard to use for those who do not have a ultrafast pcaom or aom color control and cambridges.

    a 8x8x8 cube of single points with a color gradient, a depth gradient, and some precomputed geometric distortion doing a 1-2-3 rotation.

    WOW , what a effect. I'm at a loss for words.

    Steve Roberts

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Wink

    No pictures, or video...
    Love, peace, and grease,

    allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,754

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Is the flicker there in real life? I think that would be crucial to me liking it or not
    Just seems like a lot of points to be able to display flicker free.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Lightbulb

    Hence the 60kp/s scanners and the PCAOM blanking.

  6. #6
    mixedgas's Avatar
    mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.
    Posts
    10,108

    Default

    30 K scanners, 10 degrees, and most of the flicker is mainly a video artifact.

    Steve

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn NYC
    Posts
    840

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Posts
    1,754

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    WOW! That's about the coolest thing ever.

    That kinda' blows me away.

    Good thing that's not anywhere I've ever seen it with my own eyes. I be stuck there forever.

    James.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    nerdtown, USA
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    WOW! That's about the coolest thing ever.

    That kinda' blows me away.

    Good thing that's not anywhere I've ever seen it with my own eyes. I be stuck there forever.

    James.
    It's not as good as the Cube-o-Tron:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4JMf...eature=related

    Yes, I was there. It was awesome. And HUGE.

    Here's my laser in action at the same Burning Man:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/grimmwi...n/photostream/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •