Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: My RG(B)...slow progress

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    57

    Default My RG(B)...slow progress

    Well, I've been working for a while on this with the very very small amount of free time I have these days. Some how wound up with a free afternoon today & got started on my project Figured I'd throw up a few pictures

    200mW 650 Diode
    150mW 532 DPPS
    Trichro from a salvaged Sony 3ccd camera
    Scanners (not pictured)

    Future plans...Debating more red. Need to get a power meter and see where my levels are actually at. Also debating on the use of blue ray diodes for a cheap blue, or going all out and spending the $$

    Not so sure if I want to continue with the Trichro, or go with the traditional method. Input welcome as always

    Tricho with a plain white LED behind it:


    Same thing again:


    1st attempt at yellow


    Beam:


    Beam alignment:


    More attempts at alignment:


    Red:


    Green:


    Yellow:


    Leveling stand, 1/4" aluminum, diy


    Yep:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Peking
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    niceful pictures.
    Hennessy, .
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Thumbs up

    Wow, good luck with the trichro. I have one and have been wanting to use it in a projector but haven't got enough lasers for another one... I hear alignment is a bitch. I would try to make each laser platform adjustable like an optic mount, or use a mirror for each laser to get it to the trichro. Also the losses are a bit higher than dichros I think, but if you are on a budget, you already have the trichro.
    Love, peace, and grease,

    allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Wow, good luck with the trichro. I have one and have been wanting to use it in a projector but haven't got enough lasers for another one... I hear alignment is a bitch. I would try to make each laser platform adjustable like an optic mount, or use a mirror for each laser to get it to the trichro. Also the losses are a bit higher than dichros I think, but if you are on a budget, you already have the trichro.
    Not really on any sort of crazy budget. I mean a full set of dichros is around $100? I have optics mounts already from my parts bin of mobolasers & omni systems set ups.

    I picked up the trichro for all of $12 lol figured it'd be fun, finding it's pretty insane to get the alignment down 100%

    I'm thinking I'm gonna order a dichro set and use the trichro in something else...

    haha Honestly after seeing the performance of your DT40's on your build thread I'm so close to going and buying a set of those as well. Even with my pango set up my 30's dont come close to the animation quality. Guess I learned my lesson going cheap. But hey, it's been a lotta fun!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Question

    Where are you located? I might have a component or two from my build available for sale soon.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Where are you located? I might have a component or two from my build available for sale soon.
    I'm up in Lansing, MI. If you do, just shoot me a PM and let me know. Probably be a few more weeks before I get a chance to tinker with this some more.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Well, I got a little more time, and finally assembled the projector. Picked up some 1/4 inch aluminum off ebay, and a dicro from ctlasers... here are some shots of the 1st run

    no fog, just smoke from people at the bar, a lot of back lighting, should of put the camera in manual mode, oh well. Maybe next time. Then again I'll probably run it in a dark environment with a lot of fog/haze

    comments suggestions are welcome
















  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Cool! Congrats on finishing the RGY!

    Now it's time post more pictures of the rig itself :P

    --DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    189

    Default

    wow.. impressive! I also tried an RGY setup with 650nm@200mw and 532nm@150mW.. but i didn't get the nice yellow you have right there..

    You aren't running the green at full power are you?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SideFX View Post
    wow.. impressive! I also tried an RGY setup with 650nm@200mw and 532nm@150mW.. but i didn't get the nice yellow you have right there..

    You aren't running the green at full power are you?
    by the looks of it that green is missing atleast 75 mw of power or the red does about double that
    Do not look into laser with remaining eye
    Need laser repair contact me !!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •