Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Live Pro output issue

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire UK
    Posts
    1,069

    Default Live Pro output issue

    Hi People

    I've only had Live Pro a week so I'm still a novice but when I play back some of the cues from the default work space and the Glen Turner work space in the four preview screens at the bottom left I get the message flashing up "Image suspended" or "Output suspended" and the projector stops projecting while this is displayed. Is there something not set right in the program? With some cues this is intermittent and with others it's constant.

    Another thing I have also noticed is when I have the output preview window open, with some cues a red square sometimes flashes up in the top left of the preview window.

    If anyone can shed some light I would be most grateful. By the way I'm using Live Pro USB for the FB3.

    Carl

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    2,849

    Default

    Carl, I get the image suspended thing when I'm using the 4th 'track'. It only seems to happen on the overhead beam cues that change on the audio beat. Doesn't seem a problem to me. It's never happened in the first 3 'tracks' though. I just assumed it was supposed to do that. e.g. show a frame or beam on the beat and wait for the next beat etc.

    I can't help you on the red square thing...

    Dan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    417

    Default

    With the Playtime Workspaces:

    - Press the STOP button in LivePro
    - Check to what Scanners the 4 tracks are outputting. If you have only one scanner, make sure track 2, 3 and 4 are not outputting to scanners (disable the tracks).

    I had problems when the same image was being outputed to the same scanner from different tracks (and that happens with the playtime workspaces).

    Good luck, hope it solves your problems.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Under a rock in Cambridge UK
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Hey Carl,

    Sounds like your Projection Zones setting are causing this...

    You will probably find that the cues are not going to any zone, or going to zones with no scanner attached...

    Go to the Cue Properties tab (behind the Live tab) select Projection Zones in the Image panel and click each cue in turn... Tunnels, sweeps etc should be set to zone 4, graphics to zone 1, beams to zone 9 and mirror balls to zones 15 through 19 (meaning they are set to hit four mirror balls)...
    The workspaces are both set up to use multiple zones and Playtime is set up for multiple projectors as well... I can show you a quick way to remedy this at UKLem if you can hold on that long...

    To get the best out of the zones, you need to get your hands on a certain Live Pro Training DVD when it's released

    Mark

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Under a rock in Cambridge UK
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    With the Playtime Workspaces:

    - Press the STOP button in LivePro
    - Check to what Scanners the 4 tracks are outputting. If you have only one scanner, make sure track 2, 3 and 4 are not outputting to scanners (disable the tracks).

    I had problems when the same image was being outputed to the same scanner from different tracks (and that happens with the playtime workspaces).

    Good luck, hope it solves your problems.
    You beat me to it

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    You beat me to it
    Well, you're absolutely right about using projection zones for different content (overheadbeams to a zone, tunnels to a zone, etc.). However, when running shows with multiple projectors, you currently need to assign one zone per projector and use the tracks to group your scanners. That way you can chase between projectors and apply different frames/effects to (groups of) projectors.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire UK
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Thanks Dan

    That sounds plausible. Not got the sound side of Live pro going yet as I don't have an audio line in socket on my laptop so I this may resolve this issue when I get the audio sorted.

    Just thought of another question about Live Pro. With the default work space you say select an image cue from the first line of images then select an image from the second line of images the two images will appear in the first and second preview screens in the bottom left. My Q. is how do I clear one of the images without clearing the other image by pressing ESC? This is the only way I can clear them at the moment but this kills all output and is not always what I want to do. The only way I can think of getting around this is to have an empty cue within each line of images.

    I'll get my head round this Live Pro one day. Will also have to consider buying Mark's Tutorial DVD when it's ready.

    Carl

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    417

    Default

    F1: reset track 1
    F2: reset track 2
    F3: reset track 3
    F4: reset track 4

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Under a rock in Cambridge UK
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    Well, you're absolutely right about using projection zones for different content (overheadbeams to a zone, tunnels to a zone, etc.). However, when running shows with multiple projectors, you currently need to assign one zone per projector and use the tracks to group your scanners. That way you can chase between projectors and apply different frames/effects to (groups of) projectors.

    Spot on mate,,,

    Just finished the module of exactly how to do that in my training pack yesterday... Enabling beat active mode with jump to's and beat modulation controls is the icing on the cake in that set up, especially at about 5am when I'm too knackered to press any more buttons

    Mark

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire UK
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    With the Playtime Workspaces:

    - Press the STOP button in LivePro
    - Check to what Scanners the 4 tracks are outputting. If you have only one scanner, make sure track 2, 3 and 4 are not outputting to scanners (disable the tracks).

    I had problems when the same image was being outputed to the same scanner from different tracks (and that happens with the playtime workspaces).

    Good luck, hope it solves your problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    Hey Carl,

    Sounds like your Projection Zones setting are causing this...

    You will probably find that the cues are not going to any zone, or going to zones with no scanner attached...

    Go to the Cue Properties tab (behind the Live tab) select Projection Zones in the Image panel and click each cue in turn... Tunnels, sweeps etc should be set to zone 4, graphics to zone 1, beams to zone 9 and mirror balls to zones 15 through 19 (meaning they are set to hit four mirror balls)...
    The workspaces are both set up to use multiple zones and Playtime is set up for multiple projectors as well... I can show you a quick way to remedy this at UKLem if you can hold on that long...

    To get the best out of the zones, you need to get your hands on a certain Live Pro Training DVD when it's released

    Mark
    Thanks Guys

    I will have a look at this when I next play with my projector.

    @ Dan. You may want to check this out when you get chance as well as you seem to be having the same issue as me.

    Carl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •