Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87

Thread: Noob question on scanners.

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    State of Shock USA
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Got it, thank you.

    Do you know the difference between the 3D -A, and 3D -B mounts? And the brass flexmounts work with these?

    Oops
    Last edited by TechJunkie; 12-19-2013 at 16:06.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

    "And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

    6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,513

    Default

    I live month to month. Right now its Christmas time, next month there are numerous birthdays, including my girlfriends, then Valentines day, then my 15th anniversary the month after. I'm starting to think this is never going to happen.
    Sure. What do you want the projector for? If you want it for DJ-ing small parties for fun then an inexpensive CN projector might work. If you're just interested in how they work and want learn more about them and the "shows" are more of an incidental or a way to show others something fascinating then you should probably build one.

    Come to a LEM see what they are like and how they are put together and then, or maybe later, decide. There is no hurry. You probably can't have anything for Christmas or New Years no matter which way you go and so don't feel pressed to spend any money, yet or for a while. You might like to start with a lumia. If you haven't seen one, someone might bring one to a LEM and these can be very inexpensive. On the other hand, bring your girlfriend to the meeting and maybe she'll ask you to get her one. Or... give your wife one for your anniversary (did I read that right?).

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    State of Shock USA
    Posts
    608

    Default

    LOL, girlfriend and wife are the same. We're common law, but didnt do the paperwork. She never had the need for the "wife" title, so I'm super lucky in that aspect.

    Yes, I've seen Lumia and love it. As a matter of fact I'm working on an instructable to make a cheap, battery powered, cigar box Lumia right now. I'm trying to get it under $30 so the kids can make one.

    Basically I want something that I can create my own images with. It will be used in house only when my friends and I kickback, and listen to music. We used to always hit the planetarium laser shows. It would be nice to have one to use when we want. We're all audiophiles, and artists, so it will great hobby for all of us to share.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

    "And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

    6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    So were can you find cheap adjustable mounts, or is there a DIY version I can make?
    Check these out TJ.


    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...e-dichro-mount

    http://m.imgur.com/a/lEexc
    This space for rent.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    State of Shock USA
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Cheers Wayne. Thanks for the info. Looks very doable.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

    "And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

    6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

  6. #66
    swamidog's Avatar
    swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santa fe, nm
    Posts
    1,545,835

    Default

    just keep in mind that the adjustment on "real" mm1 style mounts have very find threads (80 tpi). you're never going to come close to that accuracy with hardware store parts.


    Quote Originally Posted by TechJunkie View Post
    Cheers Wayne. Thanks for the info. Looks very doable.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    State of Shock USA
    Posts
    608

    Default

    The Goldstar mounts are affordable. I just need to know what is the difference is between the 3D A, and the 3D B. I cant afford to buy the wrong type. If I can use the cheaper ones "B" I can swing getting an extra to use as a bounce mirror.

    The "B" mount description says "Dicho mirror mount, can be adjusted highth, L holder 50mm or 70mm"

    Does this mean it just adjusts height, and does it include the L holder? Its $10 cheaper than the "A" which just says "Dicro mirror mount" in the description, and has no picture.

    Its very confusing.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

    "And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

    6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex, England
    Posts
    5,248

    Default

    I think the A and B type are quite new additions to the list. Why not drop Winni an email and ask to explain further. It might also help her revise the listing so it makes more sense.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

    You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

    I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,733

    Default

    The latest price list Winning sent out lists them as " Discho" mounts. I suspect one is a solid mount for mirrors, the other open for dichros, but I am just guessing.
    This space for rent.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    State of Shock USA
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Got a great deal from Mophead on dicros, and 3 mounts. Thank you so much Doug.

    Getting closer, MUHUhahahahaha

    If all goes right I'll be ordering galvos this week.

    Do the galvos need to be heat sinked? I have a 100 year old slide projector I'd like to use for the case, but there is no way to fit the whole unit in it in one piece. I can mount the galvos in the front bellows, and shoot the beam through the projector from the back light bay. The light bay is big enough for the diodes, and electronics. Plus I can stuff it full of high volume fans.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

    "And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

    6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •