Last edited by james; 09-09-2022 at 09:17.
Creator of LaserBoy!
LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
Download LaserBoy!
YouTube Tutorials
Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.
Well, this is the repo that the online renderer uses, let me know when you figure it out:
https://github.com/possan/ilda.js
LasershowGen can't even load and run that file correctly so I suspect it's some sort of red herring you're cooking up just to, well, be "james". I'm not falling for it.
Creator of LaserBoy!
LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
Download LaserBoy!
YouTube Tutorials
Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.
I don't understand what you're on about.
When have I ever "tripped you up"?
There is such a thing as a section 2 palette.
Being able to manage different palettes is directly associated with being able to import from other sources like dxf as just one example.
I bet Spaghetti can open a section 2.
James.
Creator of LaserBoy!
LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
Download LaserBoy!
YouTube Tutorials
Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.
See, you're doing it RIGHT NOW.
You bait people into ridiculous arguments over, YOU.
This is the last post I'll make on the subject.
Don't care. It's an extreme edge case that doesn't concern me.
If it some point it becomes a requirement, I'll look into it further.
But for now, it's only something you, and you alone, are concerned about.
Last edited by james; 09-09-2022 at 09:18.
Creator of LaserBoy!
LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
Download LaserBoy!
YouTube Tutorials
Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.
Creator of LaserBoy!
LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
Download LaserBoy!
YouTube Tutorials
Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.
I'm glad to see you got things working- congratulations! I learned some things from this thread, too.
If you want to stay up late some more, try my SpiroDAC app. I originally wrote it as a simple function generator designed to drive a projector
in real time using a modified sound card, but now it supports some other devices as well. You can run it without a projector and view the output
onscreen (as well as hearing some funky noise coming through your audio card).
SpiroDAC also has an ild file output feature that you can enable to record your session for playback on other equipment later. The files are
automatically saved sequentially to the directory that SpiroDAC is running in each time a start/stop cycle is initiated, and the file counter
is reset when the program is restarted.
If you wish to try SpiroDAC, make sure the DAC output remains set for SoundCard and the ILDA output box is checked. Lastly, set the ILDA output
option to SD (instead of Normal) so that the color output is compatible with your system.
https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...938#post352938
Check out my free software!
SpiroDAC: https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...938#post352938
LWave: https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...288#post353288
Parametric5: https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...ht=parametric5
Color Code: https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...ght=color+code
When I saw Dean had made some kind of color cycling thing out of the tiki frame, I thought....
he's just baiting me, ya' know, trying to trip me up. But I fell for it again!
That's when I started messing around to come up with my own tricks.
(tiki_color_a.ild)
When I figured out the effect I wanted to do, I realized there was a way to do it but it involved importing a palette from a text file.
So I went into menu p and added a new blank target palette and added the seven colors to it. Then I exported that as txt.
Then I opened that (from within the txt folder) in a text editor and copied each color ten times like this:Code:# This file was generated by LaserBoy-09-06-2022 !!! # # the free, multiplatform laser display application # by James Lehman <james@akrobiz.com> # Extra Stimulus Inc., Akron, Ohio USA # http://laserboy.org/ # ASCII format version: LaserBoy-txt-07-09-2021 # ---------------------------------------------------------------- palette rgb ttl_clrs 255 0 0 255 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 255 0 0 255 255 255 255 0 0 0
Then I imported this palette back in using option a in the p menu.Code:# This file was generated by LaserBoy-09-06-2022 !!! # # the free, multiplatform laser display application # by James Lehman <james@akrobiz.com> # Extra Stimulus Inc., Akron, Ohio USA # http://laserboy.org/ # ASCII format version: LaserBoy-txt-07-09-2021 # ---------------------------------------------------------------- palette rgb in_tens_ 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 255 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 0 0 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 255 0 0 0
In menu k or l (L), hitting the grave key ` (un-shifted tilde) copies the frame. So I ran the frame index up to 99 copies of that one frame.
With this new in_tens_ palette as the target palette, I went into menu c and used option E (capital applies to all frames) to do an axial recolor of the frame_set.
The values of "set palette span factor" of 1.0 means that the palette gets spread through whatever way it goes through a frame one whole time. It doesn't matter how many vertices are in a frame or how many colors are in the palette.
The value of "color frame shift" of 1 means that for each frame in the set the palette index starts one ahead of the previous (palette index cycling).
Then I just ran through the frame_set until I saw where it came around to repeat itself and selected and deleted the remaining frames in the frame_set.
That's when I realized this was a neat effect that I would like to add to the "p transform colors and palette set" menu.
Now everything in menu "c transform frame colors" (when it's in palette mode, options a through m) uses the target palette to recolor the frame or the whole frame_set.
This makes more sense than the way it was.
Creator of LaserBoy!
LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
Download LaserBoy!
YouTube Tutorials
Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.