Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Help with LD2000 Please

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Have just made this scanning beambrush using the method described above. If some kind person would have a look to see how it looks on an actual projector i'd be most grateful (you'll need to use the SFX Animate/morph to view it animated). At least then i'll know whether or not i'm on the right tracks.

    Thanks

    Jem
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire UK
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    A most helpful thread as I was having similar issues in the frame designer of Live Quick. I hope the same applies to Live Quick.

    Carl

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    284

    Thumbs up

    @Jem: Looks okay to me.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decix View Post
    @Jem: Looks okay to me.
    , that's good news indeed. Thanks for that.

    Incidentally, if you're importing the set of frames into LivePRO there's no need to animate them from within LD2000 as LivePRO takes care of the animation for you by playing the frames in sequence over and over.

    Once you have the beambrush in LivePRO things really start to get interesting. You can add Effects, Key Effects, Colour Cycles etc etc. It's amazing how much you can manipulate one simple beambrush and how incredible it can look. I now have a whole line of cues from this one simple brush that all look completely different

    Thanks again guys, I just needed that bit of inspiration .

    Cheers

    Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Have you already tried creating abstracts with Abstraction (from the LAStudio for QM2000 package) ?
    Once you get the clue you can create hundreds of cool animations.
    Of course there already is a abstract generator in LD2000, but I don't really like to use it.
    Btw... waiting for v5.0 Yeah, I know... "when it's done".

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Lightbulb

    Are you above cheating? I opened Adam's Above show for a frame with 17 beams in a fan (frame 697); then opened the Gravity show file in the effects list. There is a "Write in" effect that you can open and change the name (Write out), create new effect, reopen the new Write out effect what has the same properties as "write in" and mirror "write in" so it starts with write in's finish state (use the check box for "make values relative to last visible points" for the ending and I now have a fan that writes in and writes out... Assuming you feel that this method is cheating... I think of it as using the wheel someone invented already.
    Love, peace, and grease,

    allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Under a rock in Cambridge UK
    Posts
    1,353

    Cool Key Effects are smaller

    If you want to keep your workspace filesize as small as possible for faster loading etc, add a single frame with the beambrush and make a key effect. You can then choose to have it looping, only playing once etc. This will make the difference between KB and MB size workspaces.

    I attached a couple you can reverse engineer...

    Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN, USA
    Posts
    3,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decix View Post
    Have you already tried creating abstracts with Abstraction (from the LAStudio for QM2000 package) ?
    Once you get the clue you can create hundreds of cool animations.
    Of course there already is a abstract generator in LD2000, but I don't really like to use it.
    Btw... waiting for v5.0 Yeah, I know... "when it's done".
    So how do you get the LAStudio for QM2000?
    Abstraction for the FB3 is pretty cool - I'd like to give it a try with the QM!
    RR

    Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    1979.
    Sweet.....

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Delaware USA
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    So how do you get the LAStudio for QM2000?
    Abstraction for the FB3 is pretty cool - I'd like to give it a try with the QM!
    Hey Randy,

    I believe all you have to do is E-Mail Bill at Pangolin and ask for it.

    Mark

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    128

    Default I'm so lost...............

    All of you are just amazing. I've been reading this entire post trying to see if I can understand Pangolin. I've tried following the DVD, it's confusing. I did some playing with the clipart. I'm not the laserist. DJMatt is finishing his build, I thought I would see if I could just find my talent with Pangolin. Am I just going to wake up one day and understand all this? I'll continue to read the post...........Cat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •